For any guy that responds to women’s objectification in any media (yes, this video pertains to video games specifically, but it still applies to all other forms of media.) with “well men are objectified too!”, sit the fuck down and watch.
I am starting to kinda love this guy lol
this is pretty much all that has to be or needs to be said on the matter, watch it and arm yourself for the next time some fucks try to invalidate what you say because they themselves haven’t experienced it
I also absolutely recommend you follow this video by watching another episode of Jimquisition: “The Cull of Female Protagonists.”
It expands even more on the thread of why female leading protagonists are such a struggle within the north american industry, covering games like Remember Me, Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us — specifically, when the gaming industry isn’t outright fighting the idea of having a female protagonist, when there is a leading female character in a supporting role central to the story and gameplay they are terrified to own up to it in the marketing as well.
As he points out: the fact that this is so novel and it’s such a struggle within the industry to this day, despite that the gaming consumer market is half women, is not only angering but also pathetic.
about freakin’ time geez
i wish people would remember
that the fact that female Shepard being awesome is really DESPITE Bioware’s complete lack of interest in her or creating publicity around her. which lead to them completely failing to work at separating her from the male version they had put all their time and energy in but by doing this created a female character that a lot of people could lose themselves in and forget about the shit that follows women around everywhere all the time.
So in ignoring their female version of Shepard they actually escaped creating horrible story revolving around her female parts or mindset.
oh and the fact that they picked well in their voice actor
and really it wasn’t until Bioware noticed she was popular that they tried to initiate contact with their fans in regards to female shepard and then basically held a beauty contest for fans to vote on and started to show how they would have handled things if they had paid attention from the beginning.
oooh bioware. i love you but no… you still have a long way to go
rarrgh yes all of this
Dear Game Developers,
Please read this article and make the title of it false.
my bros know that I never swear when gaming
FYI, Comic Artists and Fanboys and Defenders of the Bad Anatomy! Above is a beautiful example of sexuality on display versus a woman that is doing something awesome.
On the top: Sexy.
On the bottom: Woman At Work, Being Awesome.
Nothing wrong with the top. But don’t be drawing the top when your character is busy being the bottom one, okay? Thank you.
Reblogged for truth and for once again showing thay a basis in real life reference makes drawing look a whole lot better.
the albion girl always gets her way!
okay. so. I have an exam in two weeks and I also installed Skyrim so basically I have zero time for anything except studying/killing the shit out of dragons.
i love all you crazy bitches and will be back on tumblr in no time, stay weird while i’m gone okay? xx
note to self: when feeling emo, just watch this fucking video. The first minute never fails to make me give myself a sinus headache from laughing so hard.
- 09/06 – Resistance 3 (PS3)
- 09/06 – Dead Island (360, PS3, PC)
- 09/06 – Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (PS3)
- 09/06 – Driver: San Francisco (360, PS3, PC)
- 09/06 – Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (360, PS3, PC)
- 09/09 – Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
- 09/13 – The Gunstringer (360)
- 09/13 – God of War Origins (PS3)
- 09/13 – NHL 12 (360, PS3)
- 09/19 – Kirby: Mass Attack (DS)
- 09/20 – Gears of War 3 (360)
- 09/20 – Child of Eden (PS3)
- 09/27 – X-Men: Destiny (360, PS3, Wii, DS)
- 09/27 – FIFA 12 (360, PS3)
- 09/27 – The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection(PS3)
- 10/04 – Rage (360, PS3, PC)
- 10/04 – Spider-Man: Edge of Time (360, PS3, Wii, 3DS)
- 10/04 – Dark Souls (PS3, 360)
- 10/04 – NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, PC, Wii, PSP)
- 10/11 – Forza 4 (360)
- 10/11 – Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (360, PS3)
- 10/11 – The Cursed Crusade (360, PS3, PC)
- 10/18 – Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)*
- 10/24 – Kirby’s Return to Dreamland (Wii)
- 10/25 – Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- 10/25 – Silent Hill: Downpour (360, PS3)
- 11/01 – Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)
- 11/01 – Lord of the Rings: War in the North (360, PS3, PC)
- 11/08 – Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, PC, Wii)
- 11/11 – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC)
- 11/15 – Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (360)
- 11/15 – Saints Row: The Third (360, PS3, PC)
- 11/15 – Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (360, PS3, PC)
- 11/15 – Rayman Origins (360, PS3, PC, 3DS, Wii)
- 11/17 – Need for Speed: The Run (360, PS3, PC, Wii, 3DS)
- 11/20 – Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
- 11/22 – WWE ‘12 (360, PS3, Wii)
- TBA November – Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
- TBA November – Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (360, PS3)
- TBA November – Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3, 360)
- TBA December – Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
- Q4 2011 – Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
- Q4 2011 – Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360, PS3, PC)
- Q4 2011 – Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (360, PS3, PC, DS)
- Q4 2011 – Max Payne 3 (360, PS3)
- Q4 2011 – Sonic Generations (360, PS3, 3DS)
- Q4 2011 – I Am Alive (360, PS3)
- TBA 2011 – Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
- 02/07 – Inversion (360, PS3)
- 02/07 – Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360, PS3, PC)
- 02/07 – The Darkness II (PS3, 360, PC)
- 02/14 – Twisted Metal (PS3)
- 03/06 – Mass Effect 3 (360, PS3, PC)
- 04/24 – Prototype 2 (360, PS3, PC)
- Q1 2012 – Ninja Gaiden III (360, PS3)*
- Q1 2012 – The Witcher 2 (360)
- Q2 2012 – Aliens: Colonial Marines (360, PS3, PC, DS)*
- Q2 2012 – Darksiders II (360, PS3, PC)*
- Fall 2012 – Tomb Raider (360, PS3, PC)
- Fall 2012 – Halo 4 (360)
- Fall 2012 – BioShock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
- *TBA 2012 – Batman: Arkham City (Wii U)
- *TBA 2012 – Ninja Gaiden III (Wii U)
- *TBA 2012 – Aliens: Colonial Marines (Wii U)
- TBA 2012 – Luigi’s Mansion 2 (3DS)
- TBA 2012 – The Last Guardian (PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Metro: Last Light (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- TBA 2012 – Dragon’s Dogma (360, PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Tekken Wii U (Wii U)
- *TBA 2012 – Darksiders II (Wii U)
- TBA 2012 – Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Starhawk (PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Street Fighter x Tekken (360, PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Soul Calibur V (360, PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D (3DS)
- TBA 2012 – Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC)
- TBA 2012 – Armored Core V (360, PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Prey 2 (360, PS3)
- TBA 2012 – Kinect Star Wars (360)
- TBA 2012 – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (360, PS3, PC)
- TBA 2013 – Super Smash Bros. Next (Wii U, 3DS)
Mmhhhhh. Nothing before October that would interest me ( I already have ICO and Shadow of the Colossus so that’s a no no ) Dark Souls looked interesting though, might look into it.
November will be epic. Uncharted 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are a definitive yes. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations too, but probably not gonna get it in the same month. Not sure about Need for Speed yet.
March and April 2012, two games I’m definitely going to get.
Other things in 2012: The Last Guardian. Definitely. No doubt. Have been waiting for YEARS. Ninja Gaiden and The Witcher … still undecided.
/random game spam
SKYRIM, SAINTS ROW, ASSASSINS CREED. GET IN MY XBOX/COMPUTER. Also shitfuck Mass Effect 3, I gotta wait until MARCH? I’ll be fucking 25 by then. Almost. Also I am waiting on the last Lego Harry Potter game because that shit is awesome.
I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS ABOUT THIS. I never finished Arkham Asylum but I played quite a bit of it. Her first scene made me fucking grind my teeth in frustration.
HARLEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING. Are you a nurse? Are you a naughty school girl? WHAT IS THIS. I have no problem with comic book/video game characters being “hot” but this is just absurd.
Vindictive game company invites employees to pan reviewer’s novel after bad review.